· By Elfie von KOMBUCHERY
Green smoothies with kombucha
Kombucha promotes your well-being. In already somearticles we reported on how the ingredients of the fermented tea beverage can benefit your gut health, yourbeauty and yoursacid-base balance can be supportive. Mixed with other valuable ingredients, I would like to introduce you to a few recipes for green smoothies for even more vitality.
Smoothies, now on everyone's lips, can be the perfect breakfast, the optimal snack or a quick lunch, a delicious treat for any time of the day or simply a plus of micronutrients to your normal meals..
What makes the green smoothie so special?
The essence and most important thing in the green smoothie are the green leaves. Green plants contain all essential minerals, vitamins and amino acids, we need to be healthy. There is much to suggest that green plants have always been a staple of human life.
Our diet has changed a lot over time. Refined sugar, white flour, hydrogenated fats and many other highly processed foods are crowding out nutritious and natural products. With a smoothie you at least have the opportunity to get all the necessary nutrients in a simple form and to support your immune system in everyday life.
That's what's in the green smoothie
Vitamins only develop their full power in combination with other vital substances. A smoothie can bring these together and make them bioavailable to your body.
More minerals than you might think
Green leaves are the plant's treasure trove of minerals. Get your dose of calcium and magnesium for healthy bones and chewy teeth with daily green smoothies.
Precious trace elements
For example, iron for blood formation, zinc for a good mood, phosphorus for the bones and selenium for a stable nervous system.
High quality amino acids
Not only vegans, but all of us and especially athletes benefit from the high-quality vegetable proteins.
Antioxidants that keep you young and healthy
There are plenty of these substances in leaves, fruits and fruit stones, which render free oxygen radicals harmless and thus keep you young and fit.
The mysterious superstar chlorophyll
The green gold in all leaves, especially in wild herbs such as stinging nettles, goutweed, dandelion and daisies, effectively protects the body and even detoxifies it.
Especially together with the chlorophyll in the smoothie, they clean the intestines, support digestion and make an effective contribution to detoxification. Best basis for the healthy live cultures from the kombucha to settle in your intestines.
Keep it simple
Try it out and slowly approach your favorite ingredients. Make sure that you like it, that you can digest your smoothie well and that you feel good afterwards. If you crave other ingredients and you're tired of something, swap them out. This is also important so that you do not ingest too many of the protective substances present in a plant (healthy for humans in small amounts).
The basic smoothie should ideally always contain the following ingredients, preferably all organic::
- Fruit, e.g. apple, banana, pear, mango, berries
- 1 slice of lemon or lime
- Leafy greens or green vegetables, e.g. leaf spinach, lettuce, kale, celery, nettle
- Liquid, e.g. filtered tap water, mineral water, kombucha, freshly squeezed juice
Possible extras: Algae, such as chlorella, nuts and spices, such as hemp seeds or nut butter, turmeric, cinnamon, wildflowers or needles/leaves from trees and shrubs.here you will find a list of ingredients that are very suitable for smoothies.
Tip: Feel free to use frozen fruit or leafy greens, such as frozen baby spinach leaves. These can be stored for a long time and still contain most of the micronutrients when shock-frozen.
Green kombucha smoothies 3 recipese
Green Basic Booch
Ingredients for about 1 liter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 to 2 apples depending on size
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 slice of lemon, approx. 2 cm thick, leave the pits in
- Ginger to taste
- Mint to taste
- 1/2 l kombucha,homemade orOriginal Kombucha
How to do it
- Peel the banana, roughly break into pieces.
- Remove the stem from the apple. Cores and casings are also used. Cut the apple into pieces.
- Cut the zest off the lemon slices. You can add a little of it to the smoothie to flavor it.Tip: Leave the white skin around the lemon on. It contains health-promoting secondary plant substances.
- Put all ingredients in the blender
- Blend all the ingredients until they are as finely blended as possible.
- Pour into a nice glass, decorate as needed and enjoy your smoothie.
Tip: Please make sure that the smoothie does not heat up too much by mixing for a long time.
Berry smoothie recipe with flowers
Ingredients for about 0.5 liters
- 1 to 2 handfuls of edible flowers, e.g. daisies, dandelions, pansies, deadnettle, forget-me-nots, cuckoo flower, wild roses
- 2 bananas
- 200 to 300 g fresh berries raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- 1 pinch ground vanilla
- 200 to 300mlKombucha Blackcurrant, depending on how creamy you like your smoothie
How to do it
- Clean ingredients, if necessary peel or remove pulp
- Cut to blender size.
- Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy from the heart.
Honeydew melon smoothie with lemon balm
Ingredients for approx. 650 ml
- 5 sticks of chard
- 2 sprigs of lemon balm
- ½ honeydew melon
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- 200 to 300mlKombucha passion Passion fruit
How to do it
- Clean ingredients and cut to blender-friendly size.
- Halve the avocado, deseed and scoop out the flesh.
- Put everything in the blender and puree until fine.
- Enjoy your honeydew melon smoothie.
Tip: Depending on the mixer model, I recommend pouring the kombucha into a glass beforehand and stirring out the carbon dioxide so that no unnecessary pressure is built up in the device when mixing.
What blender do I need for a green smoothie?
It's best to get advice there. Recommended brands are: Vitamix, Nutribullet, Bianco di Puro, Wartmann Mixer
Buy a smoothie or make it yourself?
Ready-made smoothies are:
- highly heated and therefore have fewer nutrients than fresh smoothieses
- no (alkaline) raw food
- are made from processed ingredients and not whole fruiten
- They're pretty expensive, but it's worth making your own
- are not fresh
- may contain additives such as sugar, flavorings or coloringsen
- often consist mostly of cheap ingredientsen
- are often filled in plastic bottles that are harmful to health and remain on supermarket shelves for a long time-Regal
- allow no control over the quality and origin of the ingredientsn
- cannot keep up with the taste of freshly prepared smoothieslten
Conclusion: Better to make your own smoothie than to buy a smoothie! Tastes better and is definitely healthier.
What does NOT belong in the Green Smoothie?To ensure that the green smoothie remains a basic and easily digestible meal, I advise against adding the following ingredients::
- unripe fruits – not only are they bad for the body, they can really ruin the smoothie taste.
- Sugar additives or substitutesfe , in any form such as honey, thick juices, maple syrup. If your green smoothie isn't sweet enough for you, just use really ripe fruit like brown bananas, sweet mangoes, or Medjool dates..
- Dairy productse , such as yoghurt, quark or milk. These impair the alkaline effect of the smoothie and make it difficult to digest. The same applies to juices and plant milk:ilch:
- juices – Commercially available fruit and vegetable juices are heated to a high temperature to enable long storage times. Juices, such as apple juice, tomato juice, orange juice, vegetable juice, and multivitamin juice.taminsaft.
- Plant milk / vegan milkh , such as rice milk, soy milk, oat milk and almond milk etc.c.
- oils, nuts or seeds could make the easy digestibility more difficult and impair the alkaline effect. Exception: If you fancy a smoothie variety, then you are welcome to prepare the smoothie in a bowl and top it with finely chopped fruit, granola, berries, herbs and superfoods such as chia or hemp seeds.nfsamen.
- your-nutrition.de Ulrike Eder
- A book: Green smoothies The healthy mini-meal from the blenderr ,
dr Med. Christian Guth / Burkhard Hickisch, GU
Happy cooking and good health!
Hinweis: Dieser Artikel ist ausschließlich für Informationszwecke bestimmt und nicht als professionelle Analyse, Beratung oder medizinische Auskunft zu verstehen, sondern enthält die persönliche Meinung des Autors, basierend auf recherchierter Fachliteratur und eigener Erfahrung zum Thema.